Chewy Chocolate Chunk Caramel Pretzel Cookies – This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeBetterCookies #CollectiveBias #ChewyChocolateChipCookies
I have inadvertently gotten my boys used to homebaked goods and now they won’t settle for anything else. I do love to bake but sometimes you’ve got more time on your hands than others.
My Double Dark Chocolate & Cherry Black Forest Cookies, while amazing, probably aren’t the best afterschool option.
But my My Maple Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Fudge Nut Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, and 3-ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are just as quick and easy to put together as these Chewy Chocolate Chunk Caramel Pretzel Cookies, even if they sound complicated.
Chewy Chocolate Chunk Caramel Pretzel Cookies
These delectable chocolate chunk cookies boast a not-quite-secret ingredient that gives these already delicious cookies an irresistible chewiness and some added flavor.
Karo® Corn Syrup is traditionally used during the holidays for pecan pies but it can also be used to make the best cookie and bar recipes, chewy on the outside, soft on the inside. It can also be added to your favorite recipes for better flavor and a chewiness that can’t be beat.
Simply add in the corn syrup after creaming your butter and sugar(s).
Along with other delicious add-ins like chocolate chunks, instead of chips, caramel bits, and crushed pretzels, you can really dress up a simplw chocolate chip cookie recipe in no time!
I like to toss in some of the things I might already have on hand, like leftover candy or pretzels.
The pretzels paired with the caramel in this recipe gives you a salted caramel flavor with tiny bits of crunch throughout an incredibly chewy cookie.
To prevent spreading, chill your dough after scooping and rolling into balls on to a Silpat or parchment covered cookie sheet.
In addition to adding the mix-ins inside the dough, you can also garnish the tops of warm cookies for some extra flair.
Or keep them simple. Simple on the outside, a party in your mouth on the inside.
Transfer warm cookies onto a wire rack to cool.
Karo® Corn Syrup the leading corn syrup brand and has been trusted for generations for over 100 years. So it’s no wonder that it adds something special! Try it in your favorite recipes or find a new favorite recipe to make again and again.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo® Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 11.5 oz bag chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1/4 cup crushed pretzels, extra for garnish (optional)
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in corn syrup, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Beat until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chunks, caramel bits, and crushed pretzels.
- For large cookies, roll 3TBS of batter into balls and place on Silpat (or parchment) lined baking sheet - makes 2 doz. For smaller cookies, roll 1 1/2 TBS batter onto lined baking sheets - makes 4 doz.
- Chill dough balls for 10 minutes.
- Bake 10 - 12 mins until lightly browned, careful not to overbake. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to wire cooling racks.