This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsMakeSmores #CollectiveBias #sponsored
It’s one of our favorite pastimes. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who didn’t love a S’More. My little camper returns from camp today and we’re celebrating with a Summer S’mores Bar Party. Want to come? Tons of S’More combos, maybe even some you haven’t thought of yet and a quick and delicious recipe for S’Mores cheesecake. Let’s make some S’mores!
You know that special spot in Walmart where they’ve conveniently got everything handy for S’Mores making? I’ll never forget how excited we were the first time we saw those square Honey Maid Graham Crackers. I think we might’ve stocked up on a few boxes just in case they were temporary.
We spend a lot of time out of doors this time of year. And since we started building the boys a (unintentionally) giant clubhouse this week, we’ve found ourselves outside even more than usual. And when you’re in the groove it’s so much easier to BBQ or picnic than to have to go inside and prepare a meal. Especially since we’ve been working night and day to get this build done. We’ve worked up a major sweat by dinnertime.
Tonight is extra special since our oldest will be coming home from his first camping experience and he’ll be surprised to find that he now has a new clubhouse to play in. So naturally, we’re celebrating with S’Mores.
- Cheesecake - I like this recipe
- Jet-Puffed Marshmallows (enough to cover the top of pie)
- Honey Maid Graham Squares (broken into bite-size pieces)
- Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar (broken into squares)
- Have your prepared cheesecake in the frozen state prior to starting. This way it will hold up better in the oven.
- Remove from the freezer and place approx 2 cups of mini-marshmallows on top of your pie.
- Top with graham cracker and chocolate pieces.
- Place under your oven's broiler (at least 6" away) and broil on low for about 2 mins or until marshmallows begin to brown and chocolate is melted.
- Allow pie to continue to thaw until ready to serve.
- TIPS: I like to prepare my pie in a tin with crust all the way up the sides for this recipe. It helps it to hold up better in the oven. Also, if you want to make sure all of the marshmallows get nice and melt-y, just place a sheet of tin foil lightly over the top of your pie for 1 min. Remove tin foil and allow to broil for 2 mins or until desired for a golden bubbly top.
Or, if you’re me, an excuse to use your new galvanized drink dispenser. I saw it when I was getting my S’mores supplies and I. Could. Not. Resist. And I always enjoy any excuse to use my recycled once-a-cold-coffee-beverage milk bottles. I thought it all looked great with my DIY Wood Slice Pedestal Stand.